These grain free, paleo chocolate chip cookies are easy to make and taste just like the real deal!
It’s been a week. Like one of those that despite your best intentions, all you can eat think of is chocolate, dessert, pasta, cheese… Basically, all the bad stuff. I blame the stupid weather which, according to weather.com, was supposed to be sunny and 60s every day when I checked on Sunday and then somehow ended up a cloudy, drizzly mess for 3 of those days. My cousin just graduated with a degree in meteorology and took his first job which is accompanied by a disgustingly low salary. I now understand why. I’m convinced they all just sit around throwing darts at a selection of weather patterns and pick whichever one they hit for the forecast. (Chris- I’m kidding)
This is why I hate winter. It makes me crave bad things. And before someone gets all sassy in the comments, no, I’m not calling cheese and pasta inherently bad, but when you crave copious amounts of each every day because it looks like armageddon outside, it’s not the healthiest choice. I can usually hold myself off for the first half of the day but that 2-3pm blah time gets me. Every. Single. Time. It’s about the time I want a nap, lose all motivation to work and want to eat every single piece of chocolate and/or carby goodness in my house. This doesn’t happen in the summer. Reason #345987456 why we should’ve never moved back to NY from Florida.
So since we have approximately 6 more months of this craptastic weather coming our way, I decided I needed a go to 2-3pm fix.
Tastes legit. Not some “healthified,” “high proteinified” version of a classic that uses prunes or dates or protein powder. Guys- there’s some crazy ass shit out there in the form of “recipes” for stuff like that. I just so happened to have picked about 5 of them for recent breakfasts. Wednesday’s ended up in a batter explosion and a black waffle with great flavor but the texture of an air puff. Um, wtf? Do people not taste their creations before posting for the world? I digress.
I can eat like 5 of them without feeling bad.
Check out this quick video on how to make these paleo chocolate chip cookies!
I’m giving myself an A on this assignment.
Chocolate chunks, legit chocolate chip cookie flavor and somehow they’re miraculously dairy, grain free and paleo. Holla.
Also, I somehow only ate 3 straight out of the oven. Make that an A+.
Love these? Check out these paleo bacon chocolate chip cookies to take things to the next level!
Dairy, gluten and grain free chocolate chunk cookies that taste just like the real deal.
5 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
16 minTotal Time
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate pieces Enjoy Life chocolate chips are a great option.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix together.
- Fill a tablespoon measure with batter and press down to form a half-circle. Tap batter out onto baking sheet and lightly press down in the center. *Optional - freeze cookies on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before baking. This helps keep them from spreading.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until bottoms just start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. They will be soft when removed from oven but firm up in a couple of minutes.