These paleo bacon chocolate chip cookies are a salty sweet treat anyone will love. They’re grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free so everyone can enjoy!
So part of this whole food blogging gig entails submitting photos to the typical food “porn” sites.
After 2+ years of this, this is what I’ve realized:
1. People aren’t looking for healthy food.
2. People like anything that says “5 ingredients or less” | “dinner in 10 minutes!” | “no bake xyz”.
3. Stuff any kind of candy bar into an already sugar and butter laden concoction and next thing you know, you’ll have 10 million visitors to your site, an image that floats around pinterest for months and probably a cookbook deal in the works.
And those 3 bullets are exactly why we are an obese (which apparently is now a disease) nation.
But I digress….
So you can imagine this little space of mine doesn’t do so well when it comes to the food sites. It can be the best picture I think I’ve ever taken and if it’s sitting next to an over-exposed oreo stuffed cupcake, it doesn’t stand a chance in hell.
It’s annoying, it can be frustrating and make me want to scream “stop being fatties!!” at my computer (and maybe sometimes I do) but I refuse to give in and put crap out there just for the viral-ability of a post.
Which brings us to these paleo chocolate chip cookies.
That recipe is probably my most “viral” post on this site (oh shocker, it’s not a salad!) and I use quotations because in the grand scheme of viral-ness, it’s pathetic.
Probably because they’re practically health food cookies. They’re grain free, dairy free, gluten free (and therefore paleo) and yet they taste like a million bucks.
Don’t believe me? Go read the 150+ comments on those paleo cookies (there’s a bit of drama too over there if you’re into that, gotta love the crazies of the internet).
So what could possibly make those cookies better?
Yep. I did. Imagine the deliciousness and then double it.
Take that, food sites.
These paleo bacon chocolate chip cookies are just like the original recipe except there’s 2 slices of crispy crumbled bacon in them for that classic salty and sweet combination people seemingly go crazy over.
I think it all started with the salted caramel thing and while I like that from time to time, I’ll much rather take the “salty” part from bacon than sea salt any day.
If you watch the video above for the original paleo chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is the exact same ingredients and method. The only difference is adding the crumbled bacon into the dough with the chocolate chips before baking.
Grab a glass of (non-dairy) milk (or make your own like this vanilla coconut oat milk) and enjoy one of these paleo bacon chocolate chip cookies for that salty/sweet fix!
Like These Paleo Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Try another paleo cookie recipe like Paleo Lemon Macaroons, Dark Chocolate Rosemary Raisin Biscotti or Chocolate Dipped Cashew Almond Butter Cookies with Candied Sage.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 2-3 tablespoons cooked & crumbled bacon (about 2 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine almond flour, salt & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the chocolate and bacon to the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients on top. Mix with a spatula until combined.
- Wet hands and form about 11/2 tablespoons of the dough into balls. Place on the baking sheet and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cookies will be very soft right out of the oven. Give them 3-5 minutes to harden up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkling with sea salt straight out of the oven while still soft is highly recommended!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753.13 Total Fat: 66.03g Carbohydrates: 35.63g Protein: 7.35g