Check out how easy this paleo cookie skillet is in this quick video above. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more quick and easy recipe videos.
Despite years of knowing this and doing it countless times over, I still think it’s absolutely crazy that you can use a nut butter as a base for baked goods instead of flour and they actually turn out! Blows my mind every time.
This time was no exception either and while I knew this paleo salted chocolate chip skillet cookie would turn out, I still sat there like a little kid in front of the oven door with my fingers crossed hoping it would bake up ok.
This paleo salted chocolate chip cookie skillet is as simple as 6 ingredients. Just mix and bake off for a decadent, gooey and chocolaty paleo dessert.
My willpower has been pretty on point over the last few months when it comes to eating things I shouldn’t be. Well, this recipe ruined me. The second pictures were done, that slice you see in the last picture below couldn’t get in my face fast enough. And then there was another small forkful, and another…and maybe another 5 minutes later after trying to walk away from it.
The only thing that saved me from face planting into the skillet itself was wrapping it up and promptly bringing it to the gym where it was attacked like people hadn’t eaten in a week and fought over for who got to take home the leftovers.
Words really won’t do this one justice. It’s decadent and chocolaty with crispy edges and a seriously gooey center. The sea salt on top makes each bite pop with that perfect salty sweet goodness and using cashew butter instead of another nut butter gives it an almost cake batter like undertone. I LOVE cashew butter for that and literally never walk out of Trader Joe’s with less than 3 jars of it at a time. Running out would honestly make me cry.
Between this paleo salted chocolate chip cookie skillet, this fudgy paleo skillet brownie, these paleo chocolate chip cookies and maybe these paleo BACON chocolate chip cookies you really don’t need any other paleo dessert recipes as far as I’m concerned!
Make this. Eat this. Fall in love.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil or butter.
- Combine cashew butter, eggs, coconut sugar, baking soda and coconut oil in a large bowl. Stir well until mostly combined.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix until well incorporated.
- Transfer mixture into the greased skillet and spread out evenly.
- Top with additional chocolate and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown around edges and still a bit loose in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.