These no bake peanut butter chocolate chip balls taste just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup but made with all real food. They’re the perfect tasty snack when you’re craving a sweet treat!
This recipe for no bake peanut butter chocolate chip balls was originally posted in March of 2012. It was one of my very first ball recipes and I remember being totally baffled by the fact that I didn’t have to make snack bars in the shape of, well, bars back then.
This recipe sparked an obsession with snacks rolled into the shape of balls that still lives on strong (I even have an ode to snack balls on pinterest) and when I sort of rediscovered it a few weeks back while browsing the archives on here, I knew it needed to be next in line for a makeover. The photo skills of 2012 Gina were doing nothing to showcase how delicious these babies are.
The video pretty much tells it all. These are super easy, guys. Outside of the 30 minutes the dough spends setting up in the fridge, hands on time is a quick 5 minutes and you get snacks for the entire week (or half a week depending on how much you go to town on these delicious little bites).
When I said they taste like a Reese’s peanut butter cup, I’m not even exaggerating. The flavor is spot on.
With ingredients like oats, almond flour, flax seed, coconut flakes maple syrup and peanut butter though, you can feel a lot better about popping back a couple of these than the processed candy.
I’ve been on a kick lately of having small snack bites like these (raw brownie bites and whole wheat sweet potato banana muffins have also been on rotation) on hand at all times. I don’t really know why it took me so long to embrace this whole meal prep phenomenon thing, but between cooking large amounts of protein on Sundays and making small, healthy snacks for the week, it’s made staying on top of my nutrition goals so much easier.
It was never hard per se, but being able to grab something pre-made as I run out the door to the gym every afternoon rather than adding up macros of 2-3 different things has really just simplified life.
And when simple comes in the form of no bake peanut butter chocolate chip balls that taste just like one of my all time favorite chocolate candies, I think we can call that a win.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add oats to a food processor and pulse a few times until finely chopped.
- Add oats and remaining ingredients to a medium bowl and mix together with a spatula until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into balls using wet hands. If the dough is too crumbly and not sticking together well, add a few drops of water as needed and remix until it stays together well when rolled.
- Place balls in a storage container or bag and keep refrigerated.