A quick, no bake recipe for Oat Almond and Date Energy Bites that will rival any granola bar. Perfect for on the go snacking.
When this publishes, I’ll be in flight to Florida having gotten approximately 4 hours of sleep (if I’m lucky) after a day involving an hour in the car, 4 trains, 4 taxi cabs, no less than 10 annoying work emails, 1 mojito, 1 glass of wine and 1 awesome dinner with friends. Worth it, but I can guarantee I’m exhausted.
Some snippets from the day:
1. Out of at least 30 empty seats on the train, large man with 3 bags decided to sit next to me on the trip into Grand Central. So much for sleeping on the train.
2. My taxi driver from Grand Central to Penn Station was clipping his nails while driving. Ew, ew and more ew.
3. This man was singing to himself, out loud in Penn station. What was more disturbing however, was that I seemed to be the only one slightly surprised by this behavior.
4. The taxi cab driver had to literally kick me out of the cab because I couldn’t understand him well enough to realize that we had arrived at the location I needed to be at.
5. I witnessed a screaming fight in the quiet car between a man trying to sleep and someone talking to their seatmate. Anyone else find the irony in that?
6. I snacked on balls.
Tasty balls. TWSS.
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- Combine dates, oats and almonds in a food process and pulse until finely ground.
- Add all remaining ingredients except coconut and pulse until combined and mixture starts to form a ball in the food processor.
- Transfer to a small bowl and fold in coconut with a spatula.
- Roll dough into balls.
- Keep refrigerated.