These gingerbread chocolate chip bites are a great no-bake, festive and healthy snack that come together in just 10 minutes.
I used to make a lot of balls/bites/snacks rolled into circular form…whatever you want to call them. My favorite, however, is ballz.
I would pop them throughout the day whenever I was (ironically) too busy cooking, styling. photographing other food to eat, before a workout, after a workout, while making dinner and starving, before bed as dessert, seriously…all the time.
And then I just randomly stopped for no particular reason.
But, I missed my balls.
So earlier this fall I made pumpkin spice chocolate chip bites which seemed to be a big hit (and definitely were in my house as about 5 batches were made) and now, we’re doing gingerbread chocolate chip bites.
If I thought I loved the pumpkin ones, these are even better.
Gingery, spicy, chocolaty, chewy and (relatively) healthy!
Honestly, I’d rather eat these than the loads of red and green food colored, candy stuffed cookie concoctions I’m seeing everywhere lately.
Real food for the win.
MORE GINGERBREAD RECIPES TO TRY:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine the oats, pecans and dates in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the crystallized ginger, flax, chia seeds, spices and molasses and pulse until fully combined and mixture can be "pinched together" and hold it's shape.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Rolls the mixture into balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.