How pathetic is it that I can say without any trace of sarcasm that I legitimately consider these chickpeas a dessert?
Chickpeas…a dessert. Yep, that’s what I’m saying.
I recently jumped on the tahini bandwagon and of course, couldn’t wait to test it out. So within 20 minutes of bringing it home from the store, these little cinnamon sugar balls were roasting away with a nice coating of tahini smothered all over them.
My brother would flip for these. He was the cinnamon toast crunch kid, I was the lucky charms one. We were not allowed to touch each other’s cereal boxes. It was like the one treat my mom let us have in the house from time to time and there was an unspoken understanding that we didn’t mess with the other person’s stash.
Well guess what, Adrian? These babies are all mine.
Parents…want a treat for your kids that doesn’t cost $5 a box and you can feel good about feeding them? Try these.
Everyone else…make them for yourself and be prepared to come to terms that you now deem beans an appropriate dessert.
These cinnamon toast crunch roasted chickpeas taste just like the cereal. Fool your kids with this healthy dessert or snack idea.
5 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and thoroughly dried
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Toss dried beans with tahini first to coat and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar and mix until all are coated.
- Spread out onto baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes so they don't burn on any one side.