These spicy cinnamon roasted chickpeas are a definite sweet and savory crowd-pleaser for parties or a delicious snack.
Watch the quick and easy video on how to make the BEST roasted chickpeas out there. There’s 2 secret tips you don’t want to miss!
Let’s count the ways in which yesterday was bizarre.
1. I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm clock and getting out of bed didn’t actually sound like some sick form of ancient torture. Mornings are usually fun around here, can you tell?
2. The work day consisted of 4 conference calls that were actually productive (a highly abnormal occurrence in my job the business world).
3. Ulysses came home from work and declared that we do “a financial analysis”. Um….ok?
4. We let Ginger out after dinner and she came back to the door with a potato. She had no desire to eat it. She just dropped it on her bed as if to say “here mom, I brought this for you. I know you made those goat cheese spinach mashed sweet potatoes recently and like them ” I laughed at the incredible weirdness of that whole situation for at least an hour. Apparently the neighbors must keep potatoes outside? wtf?
5. I ate a smoothie and an entire can of roasted chickpeas for dinner (while doing aforementioned financial analysis).
So….chickpeas…roasted. Why the heck haven’t I tried these little nuggets of deliciousness sooner?!
The crunchy exterior of a roasted chickpea is just super addicting and while I like them plain with their typical creamy bean inside, I think roasting them might have won me over.
There’s a very specific method to getting the crispiest and crunchiest roasted chickpeas which I talk about in this video tutorial post on how to roast chickpeas – but I’ve also included the video above because no matter what your spice mixture/seasonings are, the method is the same.
If you watch the video or read the recipe below, you’ll see there are two secret steps for the ultimate roasted chickpea result. Trust me, they’re worth it, don’t skip them!
And, who the heck actually determines the “servings per…” on food products? Because after eating an entire 15oz. can of these for dinner, I can assure them their 3.5 servings per can is off.
Especially when you roast them in a spicy cinnamon mixture that tastes like a cross between bar nuts and apple pie.
But for every fleck of spice, there was an equal fleck of cinnamon and it freakin’ rocked my taste buds off.
If you’d prefer an all sweet route, give these cinnamon toast crunch roasted chickpeas a try. They literally taste just like the cereal and I dare you not to eat the whole pan. I also have some tips to getting the chickpeas super crunchy in that post!
So much so that I didn’t even want to poke my eyeballs out while evaluating our assets and liabilities.
There’s a reason I wasn’t an accounting major in college…