This sheet pan mediterranean roasted lamb is a simple dinner ready in just 20 minutes, loaded with flavor and only one pan to clean up!
I was so into this sheet pan mediterranean roasted lamb when I made it a week or so ago. The weather was cold, it was flurrying outside and the warmth of the oven was a welcome thing as I carefully stood watch making sure to not overcook the lamb loin.
Fast forward to today while writing this on a patio surrounded by desert plants, palms and fountains in Todos Santos, Mexico after eating roadside tacos, margaritas and guacamole for two days and it’s hard to mentally get back in the hearty, winter roasted foods mindset to tell you about this easy sheet pan dinner.
But, I’ll try.
I’m late to the game on this sheet pan thing. Well, late in sharing some recipe ideas with you that is. Not late to trying this method out because it’s literally how I eat dinner 90% of the time.
Throw some (ok A LOT) of veg on a pan, add a protein and usually some potatoes or other carb, account for varying cook times by adding each element in the right order and boom, you have dinner. Usually in 15 minutes or less too. Try this sheet pan maple mustard chicken if that sounds like the perfect dinner prep for you, it’s delicious as well!
This sheet pan mediterranean roasted lamb is even better with just 8-10 minutes of roasting needed and everything going on the pan at the same time. It’s literally foolproof.
The spice mixture which is chock full of mediterranean flavors like cinnamon, turmeric, allspice, smoked paprika is rubbed not only on the meat but tossed with the tomatoes and chickpeas as well. The flavors are similar to this Instant Pot coconut pork but in a completely different direction if that even makes sense…
A squeeze of lemon juice and fresh parsley adds some brightness to each bite.
After 8 minutes, the lamb is perfectly medium-rare (the only way it should be eaten if you’re asking me but feel free to go longer by a minute or two if you like it more well done), the tomatoes are just starting to burst and the chickpeas turn a nice golden brown on their way to crisping up from the quick roast and high cooking temp.
I know many people think lamb is only a special occasion meat and while I completely disagree (this boneless lamb loin is just as easy to cook as any similar pork, chicken or steak), feel free to use this exact same method with a skirt or sirloin cut beef steak.
It’d work really well with a pork tenderloin too.
I know there are hundreds of recipes on this site but when it comes to dinner, sheet pan meals like this or one skillet meals like Greek shrimp skillet or creamy skillet turmeric chicken are really how we eat 90% of the time. Convenience can be tasty!
Now, back to the tacos for me!
Love this Sheet Pan Mediterranean Roasted Lamb recipe?
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless lamb loin
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 24 ounces assorted grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with spray or additional olive oil.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and mix together.
- Combine chickpeas, tomatoes, parsley, olive oil and lemon in a large bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of the spice mixture to the bowl and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place the lamb loin in the center of the baking sheet. Rub remaining spice mixture all over the top of the lamb covering the top completely.
- Scatter the tomato and chickpea mixture all around the lamb in an even layer.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes depending on meat preference. 8 will be about medium rare while 10 is more medium to medium-well. Tomatoes will be wrinkled and starting to burst and chickpeas will be golden brown. Remove from oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Garnish with additional parsley and serve.