This pear bread is stuffed with granola, super hearty and just slightly sweet. It’s perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack with tea.
I really wanted to call this chunky granola pear bread but the word “chunky” just doesn’t seem right when it comes to baked goods.
Especially after watching Pitch Perfect for the first time last night and seeing the puke scene while writing this.
Nope, that definitely solidified the titling decision.
So let it be known this bread is full of chunky pieces of fresh ripe pears, not puree despite the title.
I kind of forget how much I like pears every year.
They take such a backseat to the apple obsession in the fall but, a juicy ripe pear wins hands down over any apple, even Honeycrisp, in my book.
It’s been miserably grey and cloudy here for pretty much the past week.
Not really cold, just gross out.
It’s the kind of weather that makes you not want to do anything but don the oldest and biggest pair of sweatpants you own, curl up on the couch for the entire day with a never-ending mug of tea (or an apple cinnamon tea latte) in your hand.
And you know what a mug of tea needs?
A slice of sweet bread.
A hearty, granola and pear filled, just slightly sweet bread topped with a cinnamon coconut butter glaze.
It’s moist as heck, dense, filling and really won’t help in the motivation department to get up off the couch.
Sometimes though, that’s ok.
This pear bread is unique in that it uses actual granola inside of it for some added texture.
It’s a fun way to change up a quick bread recipe and it’s adaptable to whatever kind of granola you have on hand.
It’s a hearty bread filled with sweet little pops of ripe pear and the perfect afternoon snack!
MORE QUICK BREADS TO ENJOY:
For the Granola Pear Bread
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup granola
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2/3 cup Silk unsweetened original almondmilk
- 2 cups chopped pears
For the Glaze
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened original almondmilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For the Granola Pear Bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Combine the flours, oats, granola, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the butter, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup and Silk in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in the pears.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
For the glaze
- Melt the coconut butter in a small bowl.
- Add the Silk, vanilla and cinnamon and mix until smooth.
- Pour over the cooled bread and let set before serving.