These paleo english muffins take only 2 minutes in the microwave and are a great grain free addition to your breakfast.
Much like pancakes, paleo versions of toast can result in horrible morning experiments. I should know because at least 10 of them have happened in my kitchen over the past few weeks.
If there’s one thing worse than kitchen failures when you’re hungry, it’s kitchen failures before your morning cup (or cups in my case) of coffee.
But, my resolve to be able to have some sort of “bread” with my eggs and bacon in the morning won out and these simple two minute paleo english muffins made right in the microwave are what I have to show for it.
They were a labor of love and the result of many trial and error experiments but I think they’re finally perfected.
Well, as perfected as “bread” and “paleo” can be together because let’s be real, it’s sort of like oil and vinegar with those two.
Ingredients for Paleo English Muffins
The basic ingredients in these 2 minute microwave paleo English muffins, much like all paleo baked goods are:
- almond or cashew flour/meal (I grind my own cashew meal in my Vitamix or food processor if I can’t find it in the store).
- coconut flour
The cinnamon raisin version is my favorite but sometimes getting those three extra ingredients (cinnamon, raisins, maple syrup) out is too much work for my non-caffeinated 7am self and I roll with the plain.
And then since it’s plain, I use it as an excuse to slather on extra butter, grass fed of course.
They’re also great with a fried egg on top, some smashed avocado (you can never go wrong with avocado toast!), breakfast sausage, bacon, the list goes on and on really.
And don’t even think about skipping the toasting part. It’s clutch for true english muffin-ness. Those crispy, golden brown edges are a must!
You can also check out these paleo pumpkin english muffins for a fall twist to this recipe! A nice smear of apple butter on those babies is breakfast perfection on a cool, crisp fall morning.
For the regular option
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
For the cinnamon raisin option add the following to the regular option above
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased microwave safe ramekin (I use a 3 3/4 round ramekin).
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the ramekin, slice the muffin in half and toast for 2-3 minutes in a toaster oven.
- Serve with softened butter.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 51 Total Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 1g