This lemon blackberry mocktail is a refreshing and tangy drink for when you want a non-alcoholic option that tastes just as good!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m working with Skinny Cow through a series of “missions”.
Mission #3 was to host a mocktail party with some friends and I have to say, this was my favorite mission of the bunch!
I used our lobster feast over the weekend as a great reason to gather up some friends (men & women but the women were the ones enjoying the fruity concoctions we put together) for this mocktail party.
And while the mocktails are delicious, I’ll be real and let you know that they eventually turned into cocktails as the evening went on.
At our disposal we had a bunch of fun ingredients to play with like blackberries, blueberries, cherry juice, lemonade, seltzer, lemons & limes and we just kept mixing things together that we thought would work well.
My favorite of the night was this concoction though, a lemon blackberry mocktail made by making a blackberry and lemon puree with seltzer and mint.
Simple, tangy and very refreshing.
I’ve loved how each mission has been focused on one of my two loves: food and fitness, but this one was just such a blast. We got to experiment in the kitchen but the pressure was pretty low key since it was just drinks.
It allowed for plenty of time to chat, laugh and just truly enjoy a simple Friday night with friends.
Of course, the dinner was delicious too and dessert was even better with some local peach pie and plenty of pink velvet ice cream pops that went perfectly with our fruity mock/cocktails.
The thing I loved most about this whole experience with Skinny Cow has been getting to enjoy all the things I already knew were my passions with other people.
Cooking and working out are both things I love, but I didn’t realize how much more I enjoy those activities with friends. It’s definitely going to be something I try to do more of!
Try these other mocktail recipes too!
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pre-made lemonade
- juice of 1 lemon
- lemon slices
- seltzer/club soda
- Add the blackberries to a small sauce pan and mash them with a fork or potato masher until broken down into small bits.
- Add the sugar, water and lemonade and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the bits of blackberry, add the juice from the lemon and refrigerate the liquid until cooled.
- Once cooled, pour the liquid evenly among 4 glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Add seltzer until glass is full.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint and extra blackberries.