This maple orange roasted eggplant is sweet, a bit crunchy on the outside and way better than the normal eggplant mush.
To sum up my feelings on eggplant, I’d best describe it as an abusive relationship.
I keep giving it a second chance (it’s had about 30 years of second chances) only to be beaten down with it’s mushy texture and blah taste yet again.
Thankfully, this pathetic pushover part of me seems to only express itself with food and not real life.
But, if I wasn’t a pushover, I wouldn’t have discovered this insanely delicious maple roasted eggplant with hints of orange.
Sweet maple, tangy orange, caramelized little crunchy cubes of eggplant. It’s side dish perfection.
And now I’m convinced that there are two very important factors in making eggplant actually taste good:
1. cutting it small enough so that it gets crispy and there’s not too much of the spongy mush factor in each piece.
2. dousing it with something so delicious you’re tempted to drink the dressing.
In my air fryer eggplant recipe I also take the time to salt the eggplant before air frying.
You could do the same with this oven method. It really helps draw out the moisture and make things extra crispy!
I consider this recipe the start of seeing a really good therapist.
The relationship is not out of the woods, but we’re getting there.
MORE EGGPLANT RECIPES TO TRY:
- 1 large eggplant, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt & pepper
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil, maple syrup, orange juice, coriander and salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Place chopped eggplant in a large bowl and pour all but 1 tablespoon of the dressing on top. Mix until each piece is well coated and spread out onto baking pan in a single even layer.
- Sprinkle with some more salt & pepper to taste and roast for 25 minutes flipping once half way through.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle remaining dressing on top.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 9gSugar: 30gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.