This BBQ peach pulled chicken is made in the slow cooker for a simple sweet and easy meal.
In my head I want to be the person that has a cute little garden and grows all her own produce from May-October, living off whatever is in season instead of buying whatever I want at the grocery store.
Very Animal, Vegetable, Miracle -esque just a bit smaller scale.
In reality though, I have 1 pot of basil, 1 pot of rosemary, 1 pot of parsley and 4 huge planters with tomatoes in them on my small 10×15 deck and yesterday I about lost it when finding hornworm caterpillars (click on that so you can see the disgustingness of these things) all over the tomato plants.
The picture actually doesn’t do them justice because you can’t tell the scale but these suckers are as thick as my thumb and about 3-4 inches long.
They grasp onto the plant for life and prying them off has to be one of the most disgusting things I’ve had to do in my life.
So as I sat on the deck with a paper towel in my hand (yeah right was I going to touch those things with my bare hands) flinging them off into the grass and screaming like a little girl each time (I really hate wormy looking things) I realized that whole garden dream might not be my thing.
I’ll happily drive my ass to the grocery store, buy my NJ picked peaches that were likely treated with some sort of pesticide to prevent nasty worm like thingies (unlike my tomato plants), chop them up and throw them into the slow cooker with BBQ sauce and some chicken.
3 hours later, I’ve got dinner and no visions of hornworm caterpillars crawling all over me.
More slow cooker recipes to try like this easy BBQ peach pulled chicken:
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef Bowls
Slow Cooker Balsamic Pulled Pork with Polenta and Avocado Crema
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
Slow Cooker BBQ Apple Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Carrot Apple Slaw
Pickled Pineapple BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 peaches, chopped
- cooked rice for serving
- chopped cilantro for serving
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- Combine the BBQ sauce, garlic, vinegar and spices in a small bowl and stir together.
- Lightly smash the chopped peaches with the back of a fork or potato masher.
- Add the peaches to the slow cooker and pour the BBQ sauce mixture on top.
- Toss the chicken to coat in the mixture.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. To do this quickly, I add mine to my stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix for 30 seconds on low speed until shredded.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, toss with the leftover sauce/juice.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
*You can definitely use chicken breasts in place of the thighs for this recipe. I just find they dry out more easily and prefer the dark thigh meat.