This sriracha lime chicken skillet is an easy dinner that’s spicy, refreshing and cooked in one pan!
I first posted this sriracha lime chicken skillet in January of 2013. I was about 2 weeks into my month long paleo challenge at CrossFit and desperate to find meals interesting and tasty enough to make my brain forget about the fact that it wasn’t eating dessert afterwards.
Some nights that worked, other nights I’d end up going to bed at 9pm to physically restrain my sweet-tooth from taking my body hostage in front of the chocolate in the pantry.
And….that’s why I haven’t done any paleo challenges since.
I kinda like my dessert.
Considering the amount of times it’s been made in the 2+ years since, I figured it was time to give this recipe a little refresh and remind you all of it.
Easy chicken dinners never really get old. Particularly, ones that are made in one skillet in 30 minutes or less (like this jalapeno mango chicken skillet and the turmeric chicken with chickpeas), am I right?
This one happens to also combine two of my favorite things, lime and sriracha.
I’m having a love affair with all things limey lately. Tom Kha Gai soup (<- love Brandy’s easy version) and I would be daily bffs solely because of it’s limey-lemongrass deliciousness if it wasn’t for the fact that the nearest Thai place is about 25 minutes away making takeout kind of impossible.
And this spicy chicken lime soup? My fave.
Does that one even need explanation?
So this dinner is like refreshing and spicy get all hot and bubbly in the oven, all in one skillet while you do your thing with the side dishes.
Simple roasted asparagus is about all I’m eating these days because it really doesn’t get any easier than that for a vegetable side dish.
Love this sriracha lime chicken skillet recipe?
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (*see note)
- cilantro for garnish
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, sriracha, onion slices and chicken thighs. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a large oven proof skillet and pour the onion/marinade mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then broil for another 5 minutes until the tops brown and start to crisp.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro.
*sriracha from the store is usually not paleo. I made my own for this recipe but would normally use store bought when not doing the paleo/Whole30 challenge.