It looks like a ball, smells like a ball and acts like a ball but this time, it’s a cookie!
Why? Because I said so.
Honestly, the most convincing argument someone could make to me about why I should have kids would be to say I’d have unlimited use of that phrase for the next 18 years. It’s definitely got to be one of life’s best pleasures to be able to say that to someone who just has to accept it and it’s obnoxiousness for what it’s worth and walk away.
I’ll add it to the pro/con list, cons are still ahead by a landslide.
These aren’t really cookies. They’re balls like all the others. But, there’s something about the strawberry vanilla combination that makes them seem a little more cookie-esque and considering I haven’t had a cookie, chocolate or legitimate sweet treat in over a week, (woohoo clean eating!) let’s just roll with it so I can continue to play mind games with myself.
Since starting the Livefit trainer last week, I’ve been eating smaller meals more frequently. It’s been amazing to see the difference in how quickly I get hungry by just cutting out 100-200 calories in each “big” meal time slot. I don’t really want to be preparing full on meals every 2-3 hours so these were actually thrown together with the intention of pairing it with a quick protein smoothie or something similar to tide me over until the next meal. I tested them out when hunger hit at 5pm yesterday after eating my last meal at 3ish and it worked wonderfully, I was satisfied until dinner at 7:30.
Their stats are pretty solid too, if I do say so myself…115 cal, 8g fat, 4g protein, 7g carbs. If you’re cringing at the 8g fat, don’t be. They’re “good” fats from coconut oil and nuts, something that I’ve actually had to remind myself to eat since focusing more on protein in this past week and a half.
So get out your food processor and make some of these balls cookies.
Because I said so.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 4 pitted prunes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped and divided
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add 1/4 cup of the strawberries and process for another 10-15 seconds until strawberries are finely diced and incorporated into the mixture, it should start to come together from the moisture and almost form a ball in the food processor.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and fold in the remaining 1/4 cup of strawberries.
- Roll into balls and place on dish.
- Freeze for 15-30 minutes to help balls set if desired.
- Keep refrigerated.