Sweet and simple air fryer pineapple is a healthier dessert made in just minutes. Roasted until golden and caramelized with a touch of maple syrup and cinnamon spices, the juicy pineapple chunks are beyond delicious. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and devour!
I’d venture to say we’ve all grilled or at least tasted grilled pineapple before. If you haven’t, please do so immediately this grilling season! Or at least give this Hawaiian chicken a try which combines sweet pineapple with chicken and cheese on the grill.
Grilled pineapple is beyond delicious and one of the best fruits suited for grilling because of its naturally high sugar content.
When those sugars hit the heat from the grill, they caramelize into golden perfection.
That’s exactly what happens when you air fry pineapple as well and it’s the perfect solution when you want a tasty treat without having to fire up the grill.
It’s much less of a hassle, ready in 15 minutes and pretty hard to beat with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
The same can be said about air fryer peaches. Give those a try as well!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pineapple
- Ripe pineapple – Pick a ripe pineapple by looking for a fruit that’s an even yellow color all around the outside rather than bright green. The bottom should smell fruity. If none at the store look this way, let it sit on the counter in the kitchen until it does.
- Melted coconut oil
- Maple syrup – Just a tablespoon is used for added sweetness but this is optional, especially if the pineapple is super ripe. You may also swap out another sweetener if preferred, like honey.
- Spices – Cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom are used on the pineapple slices for extra flavor. Use any blend of warming spices you prefer.
- Vanilla ice cream – Optional but recommended for serving!
How To Make Pineapple In The Air Fryer
Core and slice the pineapple then place into a large mixing bowl.
Add all the ingredients to the bowl and toss until well combined. Every piece of pineapple should be well coated with the coconut oil, maple syrup and spices.
Arrange the pineapple in the air fryer basket or tray in a single even layer so no pieces are overlapping. Air fry in batches if all the pineapple won’t fit.
Air fry the pineapple at 400°F for about 8-10 minutes until the edges start to turn golden brown and caramelize. If using a basket model air fryer, flip the pineapple over half way through roasting. Rotate the trays half way through for oven model air fryers.
Remove from the air fryer, use any leftover maple syrup mixture in the bowl to brush on top of the air fried pineapple and serve with a dusting of cinnamon and vanilla ice cream if desired.
How To Cut Pineapple For Air Frying
The pineapple can be cut in any preferred shape to air fry. Chunks, slices or rings will all work. Rings can be fun if you have a pineapple corer and can also be used for recipes like pineapple buckwheat pancakes.
The presentation of rings is probably the most stunning, but when cut into chunks or slices, you get to eat more!
How To Store Leftovers
If you don’t devour all the pineapple in one sitting, store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The pineapple can also be frozen in an air-tight bag or container for a couple of months (great for smoothies) for future use. Thaw under refrigeration.
Can I Use Canned Pineapple?
While fresh is definitely best, canned pineapple can be used in a pinch.
Make sure to buy the kind packed in juice not, syrup and thoroughly drain and pat the pineapple slices dry before tossing with the ingredients.
Other Ways To Use Air Fried Pineapple
- Make a milkshake or smoothie – Add a few pieces of the cooled pineapple to a milkshake or smoothie for a sweet piña colada type vibe. This roasted strawberry basil milkshake is a great recipe to use as a base. Swap the air fried pineapple for strawberries.
- Garnish a drink – Level up your presentation game with a garnish of air fryer pineapple on any piña colada or pineapple drink. This pineapple caipirinha or a pineapple kiwi smoothie are good options.
- Add to breakfast – The sweet caramelized pineapple makes a great addition to any yogurt bowl or oatmeal breakfast.
- Serve with a holiday ham – Ditch the ice cream and serve the air fried pineapple on a platter alongside the holiday ham. Way better than anything from a can!
More Pineapple Recipes To Try
Pineapple habanero salsa is great for tacos and topping meats. Leave off the spices and maple syrup and use air fryer pineapple in that recipe for a sweeter take.
Thai pineapple fried rice is another great way to incorporate air fried pineapple in a savory dish.
Looking to change up your guacamole game? Pineapple guacamole is a fun way to do that!
If you make and love this recipe, please leave a ★★★★★ review below! I’d love to know how it goes. Leave a comment below if you have any questions. Tag @runningtothekitchen on Instagram & Facebook.
- 1 ripe pineapple, cored and cut into chunks or slices
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- vanilla ice cream for serving (optional)
- Place the prepared pineapple in a large bowl.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, maple syrup and spices into the bowl then toss until well combined.
- Once all the pineapple pieces are coated, transfer to an air fryer basket or tray arranging in a single layer so the pieces are not touching or overlapping. Work in batches if necessary.
- Air fry at 400°F for 8-10 minutes until starting to caramelize around the edges.
- Remove from the air fryer, serve immediately with a dusting of extra cinnamon and top with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Watch the web story – How To Make Caramelized Pineapple In The Air Fryer.