This jalapeno mango jam is the perfect balance of sweet and spice. It’s equally delicious with some soft cheese and crackers as it is swirled in some yogurt!
*This post is sponsored by Crunchmaster. All content and opinions are my own.
I’ve always thought red pepper jelly was weird.
Firstly, jelly should be sweet or at least have some sort of sweet component to it.
Secondly, the color looks like someone dropped an entire bottle of red food dye in the jar and is completely off-putting to me.
And lastly, what’s with the block of cream cheese it’s always served with?
Those were my thoughts before making this jalapeno mango jam.
Now that I have, thoughts 1 and 2 still totally apply but I’ve changed my tune on thought 3 – jam with cream cheese ain’t half bad.
In fact, it’s delicious and served with this mango jam it’s the perfect creaminess to balance out the sweet and spicy bite from the jalapenos.
This jam is the follow-up to the beet apple chutney
I made last month with Crunchmaster as and while I still have no desire to can stuff for real (aka: sterilize jars and stuff), I’m really loving the ease and simplicity of making my own condiments lately.
Remember the apple butter roasted chicken from last week? I made extra of the apple butter sauce spice sauce and have been using it on all.the.things.
This jalapeno mango jam is no different.
It’s delicious with chicken or pork (I bet red meat too I just haven’t done that yet), equally as much swirled into a yogurt bowl for a snack or, as shown here, with the formerly thought of weird block of cream cheese and my favorite crispy, crunchy Crunchmaster crackers.
With a trip to Barbados just under a month away, I’ve reined in my diet a bit (aka: trying not to eat like a savage which is what I’ve basically done since getting home from Mexico last month).
A little goes a long way in the flavor department with condiments and they can totally transform a meal from boring and bland to full of flavor.
Needless to say, this sweet and spicy jam and I are tight right now.
And I don’t really see that changing any time soon!
Love this jalapeno mango jam recipe?
- 10 ounces ripe mango, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 small lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno
- Place the mango, soy sauce, ginger, apple cider vinegar, lime juice and honey in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Keep at a low boil for about 5-7 minutes until mango starts to break down.
- Add the jalapeños to the pot, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a potato masher or fork to smash the mango a bit for a "chunky jam" consistency. Let cool completely.
- Transfer to a jar with a lid or air-tight plastic container and store in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 30 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 64mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g