Weekends are for Five Guys burgers, wonton soup, half of a pizza that should’ve fed at least four and fro-yo.
Mondays are for vegetable spreads.
I’ve been going a little crazy on weekends lately. Ulysses comes home in a ravenous state Friday night and the eating spree doesn’t stop until he leaves again Sunday evening. I don’t like being left out, particularly when it comes to food but I think I need a reminder that I’m not the one running and getting PT’d by sergeants multiple times a day during the week.
I’m deeming this spread spring in a dish and with it saying “eff off” to the winter storm watch that’s in effect tonight. We’re 3 days away from the official change of seasons. Did someone forget to send that memo out?
- 1 cup peas (I used thawed frozen ones)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- ricotta salata or feta for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a food processor except for cheese and process until combined but still chunky.
- Garnish with cheese shavings and use as a spread, dip or pesto.