This sriracha lime chicken skillet is an easy dinner that’s spicy, refreshing and cooked in one pan!
I feel like all I’ve purchased in the last two weeks while on this paleo challenge thing has been meat. Last week I spent $85 on just beef, chicken and turkey and thought that was going to last me at least until the end of this month, especially since it’s just me in the house during the week. Ha. Not at this rate.
And trying to figure out what to DO with all that meat is no easy task. I’m trying to keep things interesting because if I can’t eat dessert after a meal, the meal itself better damn well be bursting with flavor.
Enter sriracha and lime. It’s like one kickin’ Asian/Mexican party bubbling away in the skillet.
Two ingredients, tons of flavor.
A spicy and refreshing one pan meal that almost made me forget about dessert.
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (*see note)
- cilantro for garnish
- Wash and pat chicken dry. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, sriracha, onion slices and chicken thighs. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a large oven proof skillet and pour the onion/marinade mixture on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then broil for another 5 minutes until the tops brown and start to crisp.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro.