This Pad Thai salad is a vegetarian inspired take on the famous pad thai dish.
This whole paleo challenge thing the second time around hasn’t been so easy. It’s warmer, there’s ice cream to be had on weekends and pizzas to devour when your husband has this new obsession with homemade ones on the weekend and that’s just way more fun than paleo. Honestly, the only thing keeping me from saying “screw it” to the whole shebang has been the fact that we’re partnered up this time. If I cheat, my partner gets no points for the day and vice versa. The guilt. It gets me.
Did I want to eat a salad the other day for lunch?
Nope. Not at all.
So I made it really pretty, made a kick ass creamy, spicy dressing that I drenched it in and tried to excite myself about a bunch of leafy greens that were supposed to mimic my favorite Thai dish except minus the best part, the noodles.
And shockingly, it worked.
The only bad thing about this was the fact that I ate it not even 30 minutes before a sled pull workout. Not my brightest idea.
Now only if I could kick this 10pm cookie craving I’m currently having while writing this with a giant colorful salad.
After finding this recipe last weekend, I’m thinking the salad is gonna lose this battle.
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 4-5 large leaves of swiss chard, sliced/chiffonade
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced thin
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 small chili peppers, diced
- 1 egg, scrambled
- juice of ½ a lime
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
- Arrange salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Start with 2 tablespoons almond milk and whisk in more as needed to get desired consistency.
- Pour dressing over salad and enjoy.