Simple summer sippin’: coconut peach ice

The best parts of summer are the simple things.

Hot air blasting in your face after walking out of an air-conditioned building.

Fresh, ripe and juicy produce dripping down your chin.

Sunlight that lasts until 9pm.

A cold beer.

Lazy beach days with your toes in the sand and a book an electronic reader in hand.

Tan lines.

I’ll be working on those last two this weekend at my soon to be sister in law’s bachelorette party at the beach.

If I had a blender with me, this would be in my hand while doing so.

Somehow I think we’ll manage on the drink front though.

Peaches, coconut milk, mint, ice. Blend and drink up.

Preferably on your porch.

Comments

Now these are some interesting flavors. I was saying in another blog, that peaches aren’t usually my favorite because I’m not big into the “mushier” type of fruits. But I’m always trying to find new ways to enjoy fruit when they’re at their most ripe and amazing! I think this would be a good balance!

I think you should bring a blender with you. Side note, it’s only 10 am, do you think that’s too early for an ice cold beer? Cuz that’s what I want now after reading this. And a beach. And tan lines. Why am in the office?

yes! That song was in my head after posting the pic on instagram for hours! Gotta love old school Snoop.

I need to go back to bed. In my reader I scrolled through looking for a pie. I swear I saw peach ‘pie’ not ice. Pie on the brain? :) But really I bet this tastes fantastic and would absolutely be perfect while relaxing.

well there was a peach “tart” earlier in the week..? Maybe it’s the cold meds kickin’ in ;) Feel better!

jeanne says

could you please email the recipe for coconut peach ice smoothie from August 10, 2012. I can not find it on your blog. Thank you