You know these are legit when you open the fridge at 10pm for a quick snack because your 1.5 egg & swiss chard scramble for dinner kept you full for approximately 1 hour after a death by burpees crossfit class and you pick these instead of the chocolate glazed donuts. Seriously, that happened.
I don’t even know who I am anymore.
All I know is that my quads are scaaah-reaming and it’s only been 2 hours and 3 minutes (as I type this) since the class ended. Front squats + burpees. Who knew 2 moves could hurt so bad?
The weird part?
I’m hooked. Totally. Like paid for the rest of the “On-Ramp” classes before I even left kind of hooked. It’s funny how $50, $60, $70 for a regular gym membership always seemed like wasted money to me and I’d much rather just work out at home in my basement, yet I forked over $100+ without any hesitation for someone to tell me to do burpees until I physically couldn’t move anymore.
Before the class started I had to fill out some forms and waivers. You know, the basic stuff, I will not sue you if I get hurt, how much I weigh, height, fitness level, blah blah blah and then there was the food question…a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being “health nut” and 1 being “couch potato”. I circled 8.
I’d like to at least think I’m not an obsessive 10, but at the same time, I’m already internally freaking out about the fact that I have to attend a local work conference today and I know the lunch is going to be crap.
Between that and the late night fridge decision of stuffed plums, I’m thinking a “9” would’ve been a bit more truthful. I guess if I have to be any sort of “nut” though, I’ll take the health one.
- 6 sugar plums (or 4 regular plums), sliced in half and pits removed
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey, plus more for garnish
- 3 leaves basil, chopped and divided
- ½ tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Combine goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 leaf of chopped basil in a small bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Spoon cheese mixture into the well of each plum half.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and remaining basil.
- Drizzle more honey on top before serving.