This roasted red pepper feta dip is cheesy, creamy and delicious.
Yesterday when I opened the almost bare fridge for lunch there was one half of a pathetic looking, week old chicken breast staring back at me, the only easy lunch option available. I kind of sighed, looked at it, threw it on the counter and continued searching for something to make week old honey-soy chicken sound appetizing. The options were cucumbers, red peppers, feta and yogurt. The cucumbers lost.
Of course I picked the 20 minute span of the afternoon that it decided to rain to roast peppers on the grill and then proceeded to burn my fingers off from impatience peeling them too soon.
Hungry stomach > common sense.
A simple something to “dress up the chicken” somehow turned into 3 cups of dip that I ended up shoveling into my mouth by the spoonful after drenching the chicken in it. Not because I have no self control (although that could sometimes be argued) but because we had no chips, pretzels or even decent vegetables to use as dippers.
1. It’s deliciously creamy, cheesy and salty without being overkill. Both of which I attribute to this yogurt and feta being amazing (please start showing up in stores by me! Although, I could be convinced of a trip to Greece to bring some back.)
2. I need to go food shopping for dippers asap.
- 2 large roasted red peppers, sliced
- 6 oz. plain full fat greek yogurt
- 2.5 oz. feta cheese
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Combine everything except olive oil in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Scrape down sides and process again, adding olive oil slowly.
- Taste for seasoning, add as much salt, pepper and red pepper flakes as desired, pour into a bowl and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 196.8 Total Fat: 14.75g Carbohydrates: 13.9g Protein: 0.87g