These crispy coconut garlic kale chips are healthy snacking at it’s best.
A healthy food blogger with a kale chip recipe. Does it get more predictable than that?
Honestly though, I’ve got no shame in sharing these with you guys. They’re unreal.
They’re a bit more work than regular kale chips and by work I mean you gotta clean the food processor when you’re done. After the juicer, it’s my least favorite appliance to deal with so trust me when I say it’s worth it for these.
1 bunch of kale makes 3 sheets of these (crowding the baking sheet is the biggest offense when it comes to crispy kale chips) and that’s a damn good thing because sheet #1 was completely consumed with me hovering over it the second it came out of the oven. Quality control, obviously.
So it may be a cliché recipe but I’m ok with that. Betting you will be too if you try them.
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk from a can
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Wash kale and cut out stems. Tear into about 2 inch pieces and dry thoroughly (a salad spinner works well here). Place into large bowl.
- Combine coconut oil, garlic and coconut milk in a small bowl and microwave for 45 seconds until melted. Stir to combine.
- Add coconut flakes to a food processor and process for 30 seconds until finely chopped.
- With food processor running, pour in coconut milk mixture and continue processing until almost smooth.
- Pour coconut mixture over kale in the large bowl and toss very well so that each piece of kale is coated with the mixture. You may want to use your hands for this to make sure no big clumps remain.
- Spread kale out on baking sheet in one layer so that the pieces are not overlapping. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping pieces half way through.
- Repeat with remaining kale if not all cooked at one time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249.46Total Fat: 27.7gCarbohydrates: 1g