This hummus fundido has a spicy chipotle kick to it. Use chips or even roasted vegetables to dive into this baked cheesy dip.
This post is sponsored by Sabra.
Most food holidays come and go with me being completely unaware that they even existed in the first place. I mean, who makes these things up? What’s the process for declaring such a thing? Is there some governmental body or committee that approves things like National Pie Day? Probably. In which case, I’m second guessing my career choices over here.
National Hummus Day is one of these amazing food holidays. Only difference is, I’m fully aware of this one and ready to celebrate!
Last time, we got our Asian on with this Asian hummus platter for the Unofficial Meal (what you’re snacking on while making dinner), today, we’re going Mexican with fundido!
I recently made this lightened up queso fundido over at Kitchen Treaty which made me realize how epically delicious fundido is, even lightened up (go check out the secret ingredient in that one!).
I mean, sure, I’ve had it at restaurants before but it wasn’t anything I ever thought to make at home.
So to celebrate National Hummus Day, what could possibly be better than combining the classic hot cheese dip with the equally classic hummus in this chipotle hummus fundido?
It’s a collision of Mexico and the Middle East in your mouth and it takes the unofficial meal of the day to a whole new level.
You could use fresh or roasted vegetables for dipping to up your greens for the day, but let’s be honest, a classic pita chip or even some old school Fritos are an easier and more appetizing option.
Love this Chipotle Hummus Fundido recipe?
- 10 ounces Sabra chipotle hummus
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 cup grated pepper jack cheese, divided
- freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine hummus, lime juice and half of the grated cheese in a small bowl and mix together.
- Transfer mixture to a small cast iron skillet or other oven proof baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and place in oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Turn oven to broil and broil until golden brown on top, about 1-2 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot with chips or vegetables for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 245mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 7g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.