These sweet potato chocolate chip cookies are thick, chewy & chocolaty with tons of texture and a delicious nutty flavor from browned butter!
Hollaaaaa! I made brown butter. For the first time ever.
People were all like “oh, it’s so nutty and delicious!
Brown butter this, brown butter that, brown butter ALL THE THINGS!”
And I was just standing there on the sidelines like “ok dude, chill with the brown butter.”
I get it now though and I’m hopping on that train.
You know, 3 years late or whatever.
So I had this pot of brown butter and yeah, some of it made it’s way into my mouth via spoon (like you wouldn’t do the same) but I still filled an entire mason jar up with the rest of it.
And… now we have cookies.
Sweet potato chocolate chip cookies to be exact made with said browned butter.
These cookies are a texture EXPLOSION in your mouth.
Think oats, coconut flakes, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate chips (I know, you’re all like “dude, I can read the ingredients below.” Just work with me here, mmk?) all in a browned butter nutty cookie.
Not a pie person?
Bring these to your Thanksgiving celebration.
They’re totally appropriate, they have SWEET POTATOES in them.
While these brown butter sweet potato cookies are a bit more on the traditional chocolate chip cookie side of things (duh, they have chocolate chips in them), these sweet potato cookies are a slightly different recipe for those of you who just love all the warming fall spices and want a hearty, chewy and soft cookie dough-like center wrapped up in a gluten-free/vegan little fall treat.
Highly recommend either of these recipes, your sweet tooth won’t be disappointed!
More cookie recipes like these sweet potato chocolate chip cookies:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons brown butter (*see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- dark chocolate chips for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the maple syrup, eggs, brown butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and brown sugar and whisk again until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula.
- Fold in the coconut and nuts.
- Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the baking sheet for each cookie.
- Press 3-4 chocolate chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until firm and starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
To brown butter melt 1 stick of unsalted butter in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk continuously for about 10-15 minutes until it turns golden brown. Once it becomes golden brown, remove from heat immediately to avoid burning it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.