This fresh raspberry iced coffee is topped with frothed milk and cacao nibs for a delicious pick-me-up.
Four years ago, I wasn’t a coffee drinker. At all.
Today, I’ll pretty much lose my shit if Ulysses doesn’t fill the coffee pot up to it’s absolute max ensuring I get 2 very full mugs every morning.
Seriously, there have been some ugly starts to the day when I come downstairs and see a 3/4 full coffee pot. I’m not proud.
I don’t know really know what happened but one day I decided to brew a pot of coffee in the morning and I’ve just never gone back. In fact, it’s going the complete opposite direction to the point where I fully enjoy another coffee in the afternoon in iced form. I’m pretty particular about my hot vs. cold coffee consumption.
Hot = mornings.
Cold = afternoons.
Hot can also be consumed in the afternoon but cold may never be consumed in the morning. This is just how it works in my brain.
A few months ago when we visited my mother-in-law in Florida, she treated us to afternoon cappuccinos in her Nespresso machine and everything I thought about counter top coffee makers taking up too much space and being “unnecessary” went out the window. Do you know how amazing frothed milk with the press of a button in like 30 seconds is? Very.
So when I got offered to try out the new Nespresso VertuoLine, I jumped at the chance. Afternoon coffee in my hand in about 1 minute, frothed (hot or cold!) milk with the Aeroccino Plus in 30 seconds and maybe 1 extra minute to smash up some raspberries + agave to make this perfect summer afternoon pick me up.
But you can totally make this the old fashioned way too with brewed coffee and regular milk. It’s equally as delicious, I promise.
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 Vanizio Nespresso coffee pod, brewed (or 1 cup brewed coffee)
- ¼ cup whole milk, frothed using Nespresso Aerocino or handheld frother (alternatively, if you don't have a milk frother, you can just use the milk unfrothed)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Combine the raspberries and agave in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Combine brewed coffee, raspberry mixture and a handful of ice in a shaker and stir until chilled.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice, pour the milk into the bottom of each glass (reserving the froth).
- Top with the coffee and raspberry mixture.
- Spoon the froth on top and sprinkle the cacao nibs on top of the froth.
Items used in this recipe:
*This is not a sponsored post although I was given a Nespresso VertuoLine machine to try out. This post contains affiliate links.