These cranberry almond pancakes are made with whole wheat flour. They’re perfectly balanced with the tartness from the cranberries and sweetness from the almonds.
I can’t take full credit for this weekend’s pancake flavor, Lindsay left a comment last week suggesting cranberries and I ran with it. Thanks Lindsay!
Previous pancake Sunday creations:
After seeing how these pictures came out, I’m kind of wishing I had waited until after Thanksgiving to go the cranberry route. Aren’t they so festive?
Every year after Thanksgiving I snatch up a bag or two of frozen fresh cranberries on some sort of ridiculous super sale. I currently have 4 bags of cranberries in my freezer. No joke.
Given the hoarder-like amount of cranberries in my possession, I foresee many upcoming weekends involving these pancakes. It’s a good thing they turned out awesome. In fact, I might say these are my favorite yet. I love the tartness of the cranberries that kind of pop in your mouth combined with the maple syrup and almond flavor that balance it out so your lips aren’t puckering with each bite.
Ulysses was out of the house by 7:30am yesterday to go to a gun show in Pennsylvania and totally missed out on these. I have a feeling he’s going to be pissed when he sees the pictures.
- ¾ cup whole wheat pancake mix (or from scratch use: ¾ ww pastry flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ¼ teaspoon salt)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup chopped frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- extra chopped cranberries
- extra sliced almonds
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except cranberries and almonds in a medium bowl and whisk together. Fold in cranberries and almonds. Heat a pancake griddle or pan over medium heat, grease and pour batter. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side until cooked through.
What was your breakfast today?
What’s your favorite way to use cranberries? Obviously, I’m in need of some good suggestions!