Sriracha lime chicken skillet

This sriracha lime chicken skillet is an easy dinner that’s spicy, refreshing and cooked in one pan!
Sriracha Lime Chicken Skillet

I feel like all I’ve purchased in the last two weeks while on this paleo challenge thing has been meat. Last week I spent $85 on just beef, chicken and turkey and thought that was going to last me at least until the end of this month, especially since it’s just me in the house during the week. Ha. Not at this rate.

And trying to figure out what to DO with all that meat is no easy task. I’m trying to keep things interesting because if I can’t eat dessert after a meal, the meal itself better damn well be bursting with flavor.

Sriracha Chicken

Enter sriracha and lime. It’s like one kickin’ Asian/Mexican party bubbling away in the skillet.

Two ingredients, tons of flavor.

Sriracha Lime Chicken

A spicy and refreshing one pan meal that almost made me forget about dessert.

Almost.

4.3 from 11 reviews
Sriracha lime chicken skillet

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

This sriracha lime chicken skillet is an easy dinner that's spicy, refreshing and cooked in one pan!
Author:
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 6 boneless chicken thighs
  • salt & pepper
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • juice of 1 lime
  • ½ large onion, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha (*see note)
  • cilantro for garnish
Instructions
  1. Wash and pat chicken dry. Season with salt & pepper.
  2. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, sriracha, onion slices and chicken thighs. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
  3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  4. Place the chicken in a large oven proof skillet and pour the onion/marinade mixture on top.
  5. Bake for 25 minutes, then broil for another 5 minutes until the tops brown and start to crisp.
  6. Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro.
Notes
*sriracha from the store is usually not paleo. I made my own for this recipe but would normally use store bought when not doing the paleo/Whole30 challenge.

Comments

are you going to post the recipe for home made sriracha ? I’m curious (I almost always just make my own spice mixes anyways cuz buying all those diff things is too pricy)

Okay, this is going to sound nuts but I have NEVER had sriracha. I honestly don’t even know how to pronounce it but I keep hearing about it more and more lately. I guess I gotta give it a try!

Your Paleo dishes are sounding absolutely delicious lately! I recently started eating Paleo and am loving it! I’m going to have to reference your recipes for more inspiration. :)

Nicely done! Ya the meat thing gets tiring really quick, especially if you’re used to all the desserts. Something I learned to love was sweet potato mashed with coconut oil and loads of cinnamon spread on chicken. It was as close to dessert as I was going to get.

Marina Fort says

Thanks for the Saturday morning motivation Gina. 2 hours up and I’ve been to the fresh food markets, bought a bottle of Sriracha (I didn’t scroll down for the recipe before leaving the house) and the chicken is now in the fridge marinating.

Mabel says

Delicious! I made it tonight but changed it a little bit. I did your marinade, using a whole chicken cut up. Then I dried the chicken off and browned it in coconut oil. Once browned, I took it our of the pan and poured off some of the fat then deglazed the pan with chicken broth. I put in some garlic, a carrot, the juice from 2 limes, a little fish sauce (because i was out if my good salt), a little more sirachi and parsley (just because I had it). I put the chicken in so the broth was half way up the chicken with the crispy skin above the broth and baked it at 350 for an hour and a half. Turned out so good. I think I will have enough to debone the extras and use the sauce as a bases for some soup for lunches next week.

Thank you!

That sounds like a delicious method! It’s so nice to hear people taking a recipe and making it their own. So glad you liked it :)

Mabel says

My husband got home from work at 2 am so I was sleeping when he ate. He woke me up to tell me it was the best chicken I ever made. Thank you!

Erin M. says

Can I use a different baking vessel if I don’t have an oven-proof skillet? This sounds amazing and I can’t wait to try it out!

Mabel says

I’m sure you could. Just brown in skillet first then take out the chicken while yoi deglaze w broth and scrap up all the pieces before pouring into other baking dish, and nestle the chicke n into the broth and into the oven. Enjoy!

Julie says

Better late than never…..but just made this last night and had to comment. I sliced a pork tenderloin into medallions since that’s what I had thawed, and it was SO DELICIOUS. Sometimes simple recipes really are the best – and we are sriracha and cliantro freaks – but we were still amazed at the depth of flavor. I would have never come up with this combination of ingredients…thank you so much for sharing the results of your creativity!

Hayley says

Just curious, any idea what the nutrition facts are? I just started weight watchers and make this dish all the time but I need to figure out the points. Thanks!

Lisa Marie says

Thank you SO much for this recipe! I found it via tumblr, tried it and loved it. Now I usually make it a few times a month because its so easy and tastes so good :)

Kris says

We found it bland, even after doubling marinade & marinating 5 hours. We liked it with a lot of Sriracha used as a condiment, so I’ll use 4 T of Sriracha while doubling other marinade ingredients to see if this will give it a kick. Thank you for my first Sriracha recipe! =)

Bernadette says

Oh my gosh. Amazing!!!! Made this for the boyfriend last night because we wanted some sort of sriracha chicken but without soy sauce. And this was perfect. It was perfectly flavored. Little kick in the end. But next time I would’ve added less olive oil and added some sort of vegetable. Maybe tomatoes or peppers. Delicious!!! Thanks!

Hannah says

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome recipe. This one has been on regular rotation since the summer and my boyfriend and I just love it! We serve it with all different sides like spicy sweet potato fries, or corn and black beans or even a simple salad and it is awesome. Great the next day too… even a bit spicier then. Such a good basic !

Mellinda Hensley says

This was really easy and had a light, refreshing taste. I made mine in a baking dish, but put it in the oven for 45 minutes, just to make sure it was cooked all the way through. This works really well for using later — I’m putting mine in a salad tomorrow for lunch! My husband usually likes stuff with heavier sauces, but he thought this was pretty tasty. A definite keeper :3

Karen says

Maybe I am just missing something, but at what point are you browning the chicken in the skillet? I see you specify an oven safe skillet, and in the comments you give instructions for if you don’t have a skillet. Do you brown, then marinate? This looks awesome…..just trying to figure out the process :)

There’s no browning, all the cooking is done in the oven. Just put the marinated chicken in the skillet (or baking dish), pour the extra marinade over top and bake.

Dana says

YUM! Thanks so much for this recipe. Will be making this one again, for sure! Already tweeted about it. :-) Thanks again!

Mikal says

I made this last night and the flavors were great! It was a little oily for my taste so next time I may cut down the oil a bit. Other than that, it was EXCELLENT. I will add this recipe to my regular rotation.

Thank you!

1. [...] banana chocolate donuts (in muffin form at our house) and Sriracha Lime Chicken (SO GOOD).  The chicken is the perfect clean dinner meal even though it tastes so [...]

2. […] 21. Sriracha-Lime Chicken Skillet This recipe doesn’t require many ingredients or much effort (the oven does all the work). Toss chicken thighs in an oven-safe skillet with olive oil, lime juice, Sriracha, and onion. Let the whole shabang hang out under a broiler toward the end of cooking to make it all nice and crispy. […]