Here comes Peter Cottontail
Hopping down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppin Easter’s on it’s way….
36 hours. That’s how long that song was stuck in my head after making these.
Even as a pretty impatient person, I don’t usually consider a day and a half a long period of time. That is until I had those 3 lines ingrained in my head. If I wasn’t singing it, I was whistling it. If I wasn’t whistling it, I was humming it.
I went from thinking these were the cutest thing to ever reside in my produce drawer to wishing they’d never appeared in our CSA. Well, except for the 5 minutes that I inhaled them as my sole food item for lunch.
With my fingers.
I’m not a candy person. Chocolate? Yes. But not candy. These however, tasted like the best damn candy I’ve ever eaten. AND THEY WERE A VEGETABLE. A little brown sugar and butter will do that I guess.
I’m not sure 36 hours of children’s rhymes were worth it but it was pretty darn close.
Bringing every girl and boy
Baskets full of Easter joy…
Have fun with that one today. Just thought I’d pay it forward.
- 1 bunch of baby carrots with stems
- ½ tablespoon butter, divided
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Separate carrots from green stems and wash well.
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat add ¼ tablespoon of butter and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Saute greens for 2 minutes until just wilted. Set aside.
- In same pan, add remaining butter and brown sugar.
- Once melted, place the carrots in a single layer in the pan and gently toss to coat with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Saute carrots for 2-3 minutes per side until golden and starting to caramelize.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and transfer to a plate with the wilted greens.