Posted by Running To The Kitchenhttps://www.runningtothekitchen.com/spicy-spaghetti-squash-latkes/
© 2012 Running to the Kitchen®. All rights reserved.
Spicy spaghetti squash latkes
These spaghetti squash latkes are spiced up with a little jalapeno and made a bit healthier with squash instead of potatoes.
small yellow onion, diced
small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
tablespoon coconut oil
cup cooked spaghetti squash, squeezed of excess water
tablespoons almond meal/flour
tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
coconut oil for frying
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and jalapeno with the 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil until softened, about 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the squash, egg, almond meal and parsley in a large bowl.
- Once onion & jalapeno mixture is done, add it to the large bowl with the squash and mix together.
- Using the same skillet over medium-high heat, add enough coconut oil for pan frying (about 2 tablespoons).
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the squash mixture into the skillet and fry until brown and crispy (about 3-4 minutes) on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side until crispy.
- Carefully transfer latke onto a paper towel lined cooling rack.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve with yogurt, sour cream or apples.