Whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes are like dessert for breakfast! This fluffy, doughy and moist stack is what pancake dreams are made of!
So….breakfast this weekend.
I got you covered.
No need to wake up Saturday or Sunday morning and think of what “special” thing to make because you finally have more than 5 minutes to shove it down your throat before getting out the door.
Did you know it was pancake week?
Of course you did. You’ve probably read it at least 100 times over like I have, bookmarked at least 10 delicious pancake recipes (you can see all 25+ of mine there!) to try out and wondered what the hell this whole Shrove thing was, right?
Or is that just me?
Totally had never even heard the word “shrove” until this week, reinforcing what a good Catholic I am I’m not.
It’s almost a stretch even calling these pancakes because they taste like straight up dessert.
There’s peanut butter and chocolate chips in them and on top. They remind me of a more decadent version of these sweet potato chocolate chip pancakes.
Orange juice will not suffice alongside, you’re going to want to pour yourself a glass of milk instead.
And just in case you’re struggling with some post meal guilt after these lovelies (which you really shouldn’t be because hey, they’re whole wheat and packed with protein!)…
All can be erased by eating an entire sheet pan of roasted vegetables for dinner.
Not that I’d know anything about that.
Side note – if you want two great protein packed pancake recipes try these protein pancakes and these pumpkin protein pancakes. They’re sure to keep you satisfied for hours with the amount of healthy protein in those guys!
These pineapple buckwheat pancakes are also a great non-traditional protein protein pancake option with some sneaky cottage cheese in that recipe.
Enjoy! Unless you’re one of those people that gave up chocolate for lent (fools…kidding!).
Only 38 more days…
More peanut butter and chocolate recipes to try:
No Bake peanut butter chocolate chip balls
Peanut butter chocolate chip protein balls
Chocolate peanut butter smoothie
Chocolate waffles with peanut butter sauce
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat skillet or pancake pan to medium heat.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease pan and pour batter (it will be very thick from the coconut flour) in about 1/4 cup measurements onto pan (you might have to shape it into pancake form a bit).
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Serve warm, top with a peanut butter & milk sauce and extra chocolate chips if desired.