These paleo peach coconut almond flour muffins are a delicious and healthy snack.
I can’t even remember what it was like to have a choice about what to make for lunch, dinner or snacks in the dead of winter with barely anything in season, because for the past 2 months I’ve been hopping from one CSA inundation to the next.
Lately, peaches. Lots of them.
I had grand plans of using a bunch in this recipe but then I got to dicing and mixing it all together and it really only called for a whole whopping 1 peach.
Delicious recipe? Yes. But not really what I had in mind for making a dent in the 15 or so fuzzy things on my counter.
These are another addition to the growing paleo baked goods list I’ve got going over here. I can’t seem to stop myself. I’ve been grinding almonds every week and haven’t touched regular flour in over a month. The crazy thing is, I don’t miss it at all. I actually prefer the heartier texture of almond and coconut flours lately. My wallet would like you to know it begs to differ.
I’m finding these concoctions to be so much more filling and satisfying too. And taste wise, they’re full of flavor and super moist. It’s hard to miss wheat based stuff when the alternatives are getting such high marks all around. And now I feel like an Olympic sports announcer.
Yesterday, I attempted deadlifts in our WOD for the first time in over a year since throwing my back out (wow, crappy pictures) badly last summer doing them. With proper form and 4 weeks of CrossFit under my belt, I maxed out at 150 pounds. Nothing crazy, but 75 pounds heavier than the weight I used when I hurt myself last year. I feel strong. It might sound kind of ridiculous to say these muffins assisted in that lift, but the more I move towards this paleo way of eating, the more progress I see in my fitness.
And if progress means peach and coconut muffins, I’m in.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup peeled and diced peaches, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet to dry and fold together.
- Scoop mixture into muffins tins, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Top muffins with more diced peaches (you can also sprinkle more coconut flakes on top too)
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully transfer to a cooling rack.
These are not an overly sweet muffin. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, add some honey to the ingredients. These will only be as sweet as your peach and banana are.