This garlic yogurt chicken salad sandwich is topped with a sun dried tomato spread on ciabatta bread.
If long recipe titles are any indication of the how good the food is, I’d consider this one a home run. The thing is, you kinda need a lot of words to make a sandwich sound good otherwise we’d be sitting here talking about a chicken salad sandwich and that’d be lame.
The town I grew up in is about 1 hour north of NYC. With every year that goes by, the amount of NYC transplants moving in increases by probably a few hundred at minimum.
It’s to the point now (about 23 years since we first moved there) where you can pretty much assume anyone you meet is “from the city”.
You’d probably be able to tell by the guido Bronx accent going on too.
And as the population of NYC-ites increases, so too does the amount of Italian delis. There are probably enough Italian delis in Mahopac, NY that each neighborhood could have it’s own.
It’s beyond ridiculous, but I will say this…at least I ate some good deli sandwiches growing up.
Chicken salad was never even something I’d consider ordering at a deli. There’s no telling how long that gelatinous goop has been sitting behind that counter. I’d much rather some fresh mozzarella, chicken, pesto, prosciutto and red peppers (my go-to high order in the high school days).
This chicken salad sandwich though puts the traditional deli stuff to shame and could definitely hold it’s own at any of the Italian delis in town thanks to some garlic spread, pepperoncinis and sun dried tomato paste from Mezzeta.
It’s a serious flavor explosion with each bite.
Looking for more chicken salad recipes?
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Mezzetta savory garlic everything spread
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta deli-sliced pepperoncini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, chopped
- 2 ciabatta rolls sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons Mezzetta sun-dried tomato and basil everything spread
- baby arugula
- Place shredded chicken, pepperoncini and raisins in a bowl.
- Mix together the yogurt, garlic spread and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add it to the bowl with the chicken and mix together.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato spread on each slice of the rolls.
- Top one slice with some arugula then half the chicken mixture, more arugula and then the other slice of bread. Repeat with the other two slices.