A raw detox salad with broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and sunflower seeds perfect for cleansing the day after Thanksgiving.
The day after is for…
Other plans include:
-a bike ride
-cleaning the house
No Black Friday shopping over here.
- 2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine carrots and broccoli in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Empty into a medium bowl.
- Combine sliced grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds and cilantro in bowl.
- Whisk dressing together (oil, vinegar, nutritional yeast, lemon and salt & pepper) in small bowl and pour on top of salad mixture.
- Toss to combine and let sit, covered, in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Are you braving the crowds today or taking it easy?