This mango kiwi breakfast quinoa is a healthy and fun way to change up breakfast.
Eating quinoa for breakfast is a little weird, right? You probably think of it as a side to a piece of chicken, not really something in your breakfast bowl.
Well getting some legit head shots taken blow the quinoa for breakfast weirdness thing out of the water.
I have a new found respect for actors and models. Not to the level where I can justify their millions or anything but woah, that whole smile but make it look natural and not like you’re totally awkward because you did your hair, put on way more makeup than normal and are now prancing around your friend’s backyard climbing downed tree limbs in three different outfits thing is not as easy as it looks. Maybe they skip the prancing part though and that’s what makes it easier. Or maybe getting a paycheck to do it helps too. I could probably do a lot of things if a million dollar paycheck was at the end. A lot, not all. Get your mind out of the gutter.
So throw some fruit in your quinoa, pour some milk over top and get over the weird.
It’s different, it’s delicious and it doesn’t require any awkward poses.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa (any color will do)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped kiwi
- ½ cup chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- Place quinoa and water in small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until water is all absorbed. (you can use any liquid here. Cooking it in orange juice would be great too!)
- Once quinoa is cooked, divide into bowls and top with mango, kiwi, pecans and coconut.
- Pour almond milk into bowl and enjoy.