These healthy grain free breakfast bars are made with nuts, seeds and fruit for filling on the go breakfast.
If you’d have seen the ingredients sprawled out all over my kitchen counter top while making these, you would’ve thought I was about to fill a bird feeder, not feed a human. I’ve never understood the bird feeder thing btw. It’s like welcoming screeching sounds to wake you up every morning at the crack of dawn and crap covered surfaces all over your backyard, but to each their own I suppose (my mother included).
My breakfast rotation is really quite boring. Eggs/bacon/fruit, oatmeal, paleo waffles or pancakes, that’s about it. So ironically, when I was woken up to this stupid woodpecker that likes to occasionally pretend the metal chimney liner thing that sticks up out of the chimney itself is a tree at 5:55am producing this tinny banging noise that permeates your dreams until you realize it’s not your dream but rather a 6 inch creature trying to ruin your life, I decided to make these.
Betcha he would’ve liked these. But at this rate, he’s lucky I don’t own a bb gun.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- Place cashews in a food processor and process until same consistency as almond flour.
- Add almond flour and process for about 10 seconds until incorporated with the ground cashews.
- Add the salt, coconut oil, water, maple syrup and vanilla and process for about 15-20 seconds until combined and now almost dough-like.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and pulse a few times until chopped and mixed in with the dough.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, press the dough into the baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 20-30 minutes.
- Carefully slice into bars and remove from baking dish onto a cooling rack.