This roasted tomato and zucchini paleo pizza is made with a flax and almond flour crust.
I’m only 1 month into this crossfit stuff and somehow Fran and I have met twice already. Yesterday was an improvement, 2 more ripped calluses, no breaks with the thrusters (granted I’m only using half as much weight as I should be) and kipping pull ups using a #2 band, not a bastardized attempt off the box. It’s satisfying to improve even when it’s just a smidge but I’m still far from reality.
Kinda like this pizza.
The term “pizza” shall be used lightly here. There’s no doughy chew to this crust and there’s no globs of delicious mozzarella pulling apart with each slice. There’s also no guilt after eating 4 slices though.
I thought I’d test this whole almond/flax seed crust thing out when carbs were calling my name at lunch the other day. Trickery is a great thing.
Here’s the thing, it’s definitely not your typical pizza. but with each bite I liked it more and more. At first, your mind is just like “um, what the eff is this, lady? but after a while the deception sets in and it’s like “ok, I can roll with this.” Summer vegetables that have been roasted to the point of sweetness help out with that too.
I know the feta isn’t paleo and I don’t care. Leave it off if you want to go 100%, but pizza ain’t pizza without some cheese.
Bacon would also be legit on this for a salty substitute if you want to play by the rules.
- paleo pizza crust (see recipe link in post above or below in instructions)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 1 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes & zucchini in a large bowl with olive oil, vinegar and salt & pepper to coat.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Cook pizza dough according to directions during same 15 minutes.
- Remove pizza dough and vegetables from the oven.
- Place roasted vegetables on top of pizza dough, crumble feta on top and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven, garnish with basil and serve.
I used a medley of fresh herbs (basil, rosemary & parsley) instead of dried herbs in the pizza dough like it called for. Highly recommend that if you have them on hand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 258 Total Fat: 28g Carbohydrates: 2g