These quick pumpkin brownies are topped with a little bit of sea salt making them the perfect fall treat when you’ve got a chocolate craving.
The waiting is over folks. I give you pumpkin brownies.
I’m getting a little concerned that since I started digging into the pumpkin stash (barely 2 weeks ago), 5 baked goods have made their way out of my oven. And I still have 2 of the big cans of pumpkin left.
Good thing for that half marathon training, huh?
There are some pretty amazing looking layered pumpkin brownies, swirled pumpkin brownies and even pumpkin frosted cupcake brownies out there.
These are none of the above.
They take about 5 minutes from assembling ingredients to the oven.
Let’s just say that when I get the idea for a brownie, I kind of want it asap. No time for careful swirling of layers here.
Guess what though? They still taste amazing.
It’s like biting into the flavor of pumpkin pie in brownie form.
Chocolate + pumpkin bliss.
My only complaint is how well they go with a tall glass of milk. Milk that costs $3.19 a half gallon, on sale. Ulysses likes to call me the milk Nazi because when you choose to buy organic milk you kind of cringe when unnecessary, tall glasses are filled and half the container is gone in a few sips.
There goes $1.60 down your throat, hope you enjoyed it!
It’s probably a good thing we don’t have kids, otherwise I may go into convulsions at breakfast time.
Even I couldn’t argue with the milk + pumpkin brownie combo though.
Just drink the milk slowly.
- 4 squares (2 oz.) of dark chocolate (I used 72%)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- *sea salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line and grease a square 8x8 pan with foil.
- Melt butter and chocolate squares together either on the stove top on low or in the microwave in a medium bowl.
- Once melted and whisked together, add next 3 ingredients.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a separate larger bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth evenly to spread it into the edges.
- The batter will be thick.
- Sprinkle with sea salt if using.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for about 15 minutes before lifting the foil out of the pan to remove brownies and cooling on a wire rack.
- Best served with a cold glass of milk or vanilla ice cream.