These classic fudgy salted brownies combine chocolate and salt for that perfect dessert bite. They’re a chocolate lovers dream.
You didn’t think I was going to make brownies and not tell you about them did you?
I’m not that mean. Although Ginger may beg to differ.
Everyone should have a go to brownie recipe. It’s like that favorite pair of jeans that you wear 95% of the time even though you have plenty of others. Or, that burned CD from 1998 that you still keep in your car because there’s nothing like a little Ghetto Superstar blaring through your speakers to put you in a good mood.
Brownies are nostalgic, comforting, never let you down type food.
And let’s be honest, sometimes a girl just needs some chocolate in her life.
Maybe it’s because you ran 10 miles.
Maybe it’s because you’ve been up since 5:30am with a puking dog.
Or, maybe it’s just because chocolate sounds like a better option than spinach today.
Whatever. The brownies aren’t judging.
Fudgy, salted, classic brownies. There are many versions out there. This is mine and it’s good.
- 3.5 oz. dark chocolate (I used 72% cacao)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- scant 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup AP flour
- sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil and grease.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave and stir to combine, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar for about a minute until thick and fully combined. Add salt, vanilla and cocoa powder and whisk again.
- Slowly add flour and combine.
- Add in chocolate and butter mixture and combine.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
What’s your go to dessert?
Favorite song from 1998? Ready…set…go!