This cherry lemon granita is an easy, refreshing summer treat that’s super simple to make at home.
As if there weren’t enough reasons to love summer already (flip flops, heat waves, swimming pools, tank tops, tans…need I go on?) sinfully sweet, juicy (and cheap!) fruit comes along right in the height of it. Fruit that tastes so close to perfection it can easily pass as dessert all by itself.
Doctor it up a bit, freeze it and scoop it into a bowl and you have the most refreshing way to cool down after a long hot day outside (or in front of your computer if you’re one of the unlucky ones working this week).
Adding vodka might be necessary in that case.
Live it up, it’s Friday.
- 2 cups cherries, pitted (frozen is ok too)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2-4 tablespoons vodka (optional)
- Place cherries in a food processor and pulse until almost pureed. A few chunks is ok.
- In a small bowl combine lemon, agave and vodka if using with a whisk.
- Add cherries to bowl and stir together.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal dish or pan.
- Freeze for 1.5 hours scraping with a fork every 15-20 minutes.