I saw this recipe way back in the spring when Cassie first posted it and immediately, it got bookmarked.
I’m embarrassed to say that I still haven’t made it. I have no idea why, buffalo wings are seriously one of the best parts of life.
What I would give to go back to the Hanover Grill in Carlisle, PA for 10 cent wings on Thursday nights in college…
So anything that claims to taste like it, I’m in. 110%.
The thought of this on a cold winter day almost makes me excited for the cooler weather when I get back. Almost.
I’m so excited Cassie was up for sharing her delicious recipe with you all. Dig in!
Love buffalo wings? Then you’ll love this cheesy, spicy, buffalo chicken soup with orzo. It’s a simple and easy meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Hey there, Running to the Kitchen readers! I am so excited to be here on Gina’s blog today.
I “met” Gina earlier this year when we both, unknowingly, posted arugula pesto on the same day, and we have been blogging buddies since!
If you have followed my rants in the kitchen for any length of time, you probably know that I have a crippling obsession with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce.
As-in, it’s sort of my ketchup.
My husband loves it and I love it and we are two-peas-in-a-pod with our love for buffalo wing sauce.
So why not put your favorite condiment into soup?
There is really no reason not to.
People who love buffalo chicken wings should eat a soup that tastes like buffalo chicken wings.
There is another reason you should make this soup – It. Is. So. Simple.
I’m talking thirty minutes flat and this buffalo chicken orzo soup dinner is on the table.
And don’t let me forget to mention that the leftovers are even better.
Waste no more time.
Make the soup, and come and see my other buffalo chicken creations at Bake Your Day!
Thanks for having me Gina, hope you are having a fabulous vacation!
MORE SOUPS LIKE THIS TO TRY:
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, and cut into half moons
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing seasoning mix (see below for link to Cassie's own recipe for this)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, divided
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 2/3 cup Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Cook orzo according to package directions until about half way done. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven. Saute yellow onion, garlic and half of the green onions in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until the onions are opaque and fragrant.
- Add carrots, ranch mix and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Stir to combine and saute until the carrots begin to soften.
- Add chicken broth, buffalo sauce, cheddar, parmesan and shredded chicken. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender, but still have a slight bite.
- Bring the soup to a boil, add the underdone orzo and stir frequently until orzo is al dente.
- Serve with sliced green onions, additional cilantro and blue cheese crumbles.
-Store-bought ranch dressing mix would be a great substitute if you prefer to not make it. If you don't have any orzo on hand, switch it out with your favorite pasta, or choose rice or quinoa.
-Cassie's ranch seasoning recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 2350mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 43g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.