This roasted vegetable salad uses in season summer vegetables tossed with feta and basil for a refreshing healthy meal.
Sometimes simple is good.
Ring dips and handstand pushups.
Switching car insurance over the phone in less than 2 minutes.
Having a potential new client come to you instead of having to chase them.
A roasted vegetable salad for lunch.
I could eat this for lunch for the rest of the summer and be blissfully happy.
In season roasted tomatoes are quite possibly the best summer taste on this earth. Crispy, candy like beets are a close second.
Throw them on a bed of spinach, top it with feta and sliced basil and I’ll physically hurt you if you try to make me share.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 small zucchini, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 baby carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 beet, quartered
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for dressing
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice of ½ a lemon
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and vinegar.
- Season generously with salt & pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from oven and place on top of spinach in a salad bowl.
- Top with feta and basil.
- Drizzle more olive oil and lemon juice for a simple dressing.