Sunday breakfast is pretty much the thing I most look forward to the entire week. Well, besides the sleeping in part that coincides with them. Sleep might actually be my favorite thing about life in general, but Sunday breakfast is right behind it.
It’s lazy, unrushed and I try and make it a point to never have the same thing twice. Hence why there are quite a few breakfast recipes on here.
Welcome to the newest concoction.
If you like banana bread, chocolate chip and/or oatmeal cookies, you will like this. And if there are actually people out there who don’t like one of those things, my world has just been turned upside down.
The best part of course is that it’s a pretty healthy version of those three desserts. Considering I spent my Saturday night at Dick’s buying clearance spandex shorts (like the short, short ones) that’s a good thing.
And considering I spent the rest of my Saturday night at Harbor Freight Tools, Ulysses is lucky I’m sharing this with him.
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla whey protein powder (*optional)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- ½ small banana, mashed
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an oven safe ramekin.
- Combine dry ingredients (oats through cacao nibs in a small bowl).
- Combine remaining wet ingredients in another small bowl and mash/whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into ramekin and bake for about 20 minutes until fully cooked.