This strawberry nectarine lime bellini is a super refreshing summer drink.
Want to know the best way to start off the weekend?
After seeing Jessica’s triple berry mojitos yesterday I was inspired.
Inspired to finally make simple syrup for myself.
Inspired to puree fruit in a blender.
And mostly, inspired to drink.
After a 7 day work week, I think I deserved it.
I didn’t think ripe summer fruit could get better than it already is but, I was wrong.
Champagne tends to have that effect on things.
Need to forget about the work week stresses? Make this.
Want to pretend you’re on vacation on a tropical island? Make this.
Need to drown out the 10 neighborhood kids screaming for 5 hours straight as they jump in the pool? Make this.
I had to wait until 5pm to drink this yesterday. Lucky for you it’s Saturday, what are you waiting for?
- 6 strawberries
- 1 1/2 nectarines, use other half for garnish
- handful of blueberries
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- leaves handful of mint
- club soda
- Bring water, sugar and mint leaves to a boil in small sauce pan, immediately reduce to low for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat and let sit.
- In a blender combine strawberries and nectarines and puree.
- Once simple syrup is cooled pour into 2 glasses filled with ice.
- Split fruit puree between both glasses and squeeze lime juice in each.
- Add club soda and champagne. Use as much or as little champagne as you like.
- Garnish with blueberries, nectarine slices and mint leaves.
Inspired by How Sweet It Is