These individual vanilla cakes are topped with strawberries and cream and high in protein for a healthier treat.
*This post is sponsored by ViSalus. All opinions are my own.
The last thing I need in my house right now is more dessert. After a big graduation party for Ulysses this past weekend including a huge cannoli sheet cake, 50+ macarons from our baking extravaganza the other weekend still lingering in my fridge and 2 batches of homemade ice cream sitting in the freezer, I think I’m set in the realm of sugar for the next month or so.
And yet here we are with mini vanilla cakes.
These are pretty guilt free though in the world of desserts thanks to almond flour, honey and the Vi-Shape Shake Mix and yet somehow they manage to taste like a rich vanilla pound cake. Instead of traditional whipped cream (there’s enough heavy cream in those two batches of ice cream in the freezer to last me awhile), I topped these with just a little bit of coconut cream from the top of the can and some fresh strawberries.
It’s like strawberry short cake meets pound cake and it’s a beautiful thing. They’re dense and moist with a sweet cream flavor from the Vi-Shape Shake Mix and when you combine the freshness of the strawberries with them, it’s (healthy) dessert perfection.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Vi Shape Shake Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coconut cream from a can for topping
- strawberries, sliced for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 4, 11/2 inch ramekins.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir together until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 4 ramekins.
- Place ramekins in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until centers are set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of the ramekin and flip the cakes out onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool to room temperature and then top with the coconut cream & strawberries.