This chocolate hazelnut mug cake is ready in 5 minutes from preparation to baked. It’s the perfect quick chocolate fix.
Two posts in one day?! Why, you ask?
Oh nothing, just a little thing called a chocolate hazelnut mug cake.
Otherwise known as “Oh my f’ing God, this is so freakin’ good I can’t wait until tomorrow to post it!”
5 minutes and it’s yours.
You’re welcome. Enjoy.
For a protein and fiber packed version of this – try our healthy chocolate protein mug cake recipe.
Chocolate Hazelnut Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Combine all ingredients in a large, greased mug and whisk together well with a fork.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until fully cooked.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
Gina Matsoukas is the writer, founder, photographer and recipe developer of Running to the Kitchen — a food website focused on providing healthy, wholesome recipes using fresh and seasonal ingredients as much as possible. Her work has been featured in numerous media outlets both digital and print, including MSN, Huffington post, Buzzfeed, Women’s Health and Food Network.