These chocolate peanut butter muffins have a hint of coffee in them. They’re grain free and sugar free!
There are 2 topics I want to cover today.
#1: It’s been one week (please read with the tune of the Barenaked Ladies song in your head) since I’ve had Rita’s, a rainbow sprinkled vanilla cone and/or self-serve frozen yogurt. That, my friends, is a summer record over here and the reason for these muffins.
It was treat time.
#2: I’m about to lose my shit (what an expression right? Like how does someone actually go about doing that?) if I see one more blogger whore themselves out to big brands on twitter, instagram or facebook.
Did you bake something with Hershey’s kisses in it? Oh, how freakin’ original.
Why don’t you tweet Hershey’s up the wazoo hoping they’ll share your post and you’ll be like totally famous for a day. Knock, knock. Who’s there? Oh, a little thing called TRANSPARENCY.
The world sees right through you.
Maybe I should tweet Ghirardelli, Skippy and Bob’s Red Mill like woah today shoving this post in their face. “.@PBandSkippy makes the BEST Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins!” Apparently that’s the thing now.
Wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot more satisfying to know a brand (or anyone for that matter) shared your recipe because they actually genuinely liked it and not because you pretty much harassed them into it?
Be genuine, be original, work with brands when it fits, but good lord, please stop selling your soul to the blogging pageview devil.
It’s been one of those weeks where I want to delete every social media account I have and just cook in my kitchen, take photos and share them with you guys on here in a vacuum.
So thanks for entertaining that little rant…
Now for these muffins…
Um, yum. I pretty much adore chocolate, coffee and peanut butter more than my husband INDIVIDUALLY, so combining them is almost sinful.
ps- they’re grain free and sugar free. Boo-freakin’-yah!
Happy weekend. I’m going to spend it NOT attached to the computer. Join me?
Love these chocolate coffee peanut butter muffins?
You might like some of these too:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large banana, mashed well
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a tin with muffin wrappers.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until fully mixed together.
- Pour wet ingredients into large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add chopped chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners and fill about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer muffins to a cooling rack.