These breakfast tostadas include chicken sausage scrambled eggs piled high on a refried bean base. Avocado, tomatoes and cotija top it all off!
I have a bone to pick with the corn tortilla making people. Can someone in the know please enlighten me as to why it’s impossible to buy corn tortillas in anything less than a quantity of 25 (although usually more)?
Seriously, this is a legit question.
This post is sponsored by Jones Dairy Farm. All content and opinions are mine.
I mean, I’m not complaining too much because I’d happily eat 25 of these chicken sausage breakfast tostadas to use them all up, but other times, when I just need a few, I have to say this packaging issue is quite annoying.
Granted, all 25+ of them usually cost no more than like $2 so at least there’s that.
Tostadas! They’re kind of the secret gem of the Mexican food world in my opinion.
They’re every bit as good as taco, but with more stuff piled on (a good thing!) and not nearly as complicated or time consuming as say, an enchilada. I think they’d be my pick if I had to choose just one Mexican food to go with from here on out.
All scrambled up with some eggs, piled high on a refried bean base and topped with avocado slices, cherry tomatoes and cotija they’re really the best savory start to the day I can think of.
Jones’ chicken sausage is my go-to breakfast product of theirs (find out where it’s sold near you here). I love the lower fat content compared to the pork sausage yet they still have all the distinct breakfast sausage taste, an absolute must when you’re craving that country breakfast feel.
If you’re thinking country breakfast and Mexican cuisine are a weird culinary collision, I’ll give you that. But I promise one bite into this crispy tostada loaded with all the breakfast fixings you could want will change your mind. And maybe even make you happy about the 20+ extra corn tortillas chilling in your fridge.
Love this chicken sausage breakfast tostadas recipe?
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm chicken sausage patties, chopped
- ½ cup refried beans
- 4 corn tortillas, toasted
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, thinly sliced
- crumbled cotija cheese for garnish
- cilantro for garnish
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken sausage and cook until browned.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the skillet with the sausage. Add half the scallions and scramble the eggs until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of refried beans on each toasted tortilla.
- Top each tortilla with an equal amount of the egg and sausage scramble, grape tomatoes and avocado.
- Garnish each tostada with cotija and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 547 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 441mg Sodium: 903mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 38g